WELCOME TO ALL ANIMAL LOVERS

Hope you enjoy reading about the adventures of Cherokee Tails. Please share with your children. God made all animals to relate to people in some way. The adventures I will be sharing are based on real life adventures that I have observed. We can all learn a lot from animals.

Perhaps you will share with me if you find anything interesting about the poems or stories that you relate to.

Thank you and God bless!

December 7, 2009

HARRY


Harry, the squirrel, ran across the yard very quickly. He heard something swoosh behind him—it was frightening! Harry ran as fast as he could and scrambled up the tree where his home was.

Whew!! He made it!! The nest was warm and safe, and his mother was there to protect him. Although she was happy to see him safe, Harry’s mother was also upset with him. She had told him not to leave home without her, but Harry had disobeyed.

“You know you should not leave home and cross the yard without me,” said Harry’s mother. “I must discipline you for your behavior,” she chattered. Harry was sad. He loved his mother, and he did not want her to be mad at him. He also was still afraid of the swoosh he had heard as he was scrambling across the yard. “What was that swoosh?” thought Harry.

“Was the swoosh a huge bear?” “Was the swoosh a large scary dog?”
Was the swoosh a mean monster?” Harry could not figure out what the swoosh was.

Mother squirrel began to chatter again. “Harry,” she said, “you will have to go to bed without your supper, and you cannot go out and play tomorrow.”

Harry lay awake and thought about the swoosh. He could not go to sleep. Suddenly he heard this very loud sound—it was the swoosh again! He began to shake all over. Suddenly there was a knock at Harry’s door. It was his mother checking on him. Harry cried, “Mother please help me. I am so frightened. I heard the big swoosh again.”


”There, there, dear,” soothed Harry’s mother. “Do not be frightened. It is only the wind blowing in the trees!” “Oh, mother, I am so sorry. I was so scared, and I know I disobeyed you. I will never go out of the yard again without you. I love you!”

“I love you, too, honey,” said Harry’s mother. “Now close your eyes and go to sleep.”

No comments:

Post a Comment